Divorce Q&A Part I with Jill Bicks
Additional Resources on Collaborative Divorce
About Jill Bicks
Jill D. Bicks practices in the area of domestic relations, including pre- and post-nuptial agreements, divorce, child custody, the representation of minor children as attorney or guardian ad litem (GAL), and post-judgment enforcement or modification. Jill brings to the Family Law practice a solid background in litigation and alternative dispute resolution, including mediation and Collaborative Divorce. Jill is recognized for providing clients with cost-effective, sophisticated representation that includes a wide variety of services tailored to their individual and family needs.
Following law school, Jill worked at a New York firm where she handled complex litigation in a variety of areas including antitrust, securities fraud, ERISA and RICO. She also represented victims of domestic violence, and later focused her practice exclusively on domestic relations.
Jill works as an advocate for children and directed a program in the Stamford Court for volunteer GALs. She served as Founder and Executive Director of Child Advocates of Connecticut, a nonprofit authorized by the Connecticut Judicial Branch that trains court-appointed volunteers. Jill also serves as a consultant to the hit HBO series "Divorce" starring Sarah Jessica Parker.
- Connecticut Bar Association - Family Law, Alternative Dispute Resolution and Guardian Ad Litem sections
- Fairfield County Bar Association - Family Law, Alternative Dispute Resolution and Guardian Ad Litem sections
- Regional Academy of Child Advocates
- Connecticut Collaborative Divorce Group
- American Institute of Family Law Attorneys
- New York Peace Institute
- Westport PTA Executive Board, past member
- Westport Young Women's League, past member
Honors & Awards
- Selected by American Institute of Family Law Attorneys as one of Connecticut's "2015 Ten Best" and "2016 Ten Best"